Job Title: Business Development Manager
Division: Power business
Reporting to: General Manager
Annual Salary: £30K to £45K dependant on experience
Focus will be on developing new business through maximising business potential as well as maintaining strong existing relationships with customers. The ideal candidate should be able to work independently, be self-motivated and have the enthusiasm to drive and increase sales in-line with company rules and objectives.
- Seek and develop new business opportunities in line with company objectives and annual budget requirements.
- Secure new sales through product ‘design-in’ against customer specifications.
- Office based with a requirement to arrange and attend client meetings as necessary
- Help to mentor junior sales colleagues as part of a team
- Regularly liaise with customers on new project progress and service the requirements of any existing business.
- Respond to customer requests for quotation in a timely manner.
- Deliver against personal sales targets, monitor progress and prepare weekly reports.
- Attend monthly sales meetings to report enquiries, progress and general selling activity.
- Keep well-informed of new product releases and feedback product updates and trends.
- Advise on public relations and advertising initiatives consistent with sales activity.
- Min. 3 years sales/business development experience ideally within the electronics sector.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic work ethic.
- Understand technical specifications to be able to interpret customer requirements.
- Good commercial knowledge of supplier products and services.
- Confident presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- IT literacy and knowledge of CRM systems.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Flexibility to travel with the occasional stays away from home.