- Job Title: Diagnostic Technician
- Division: Electronics Assembly
- Department: Quality
- Reporting to: Quality Manager
- Direct Reports: None
- Location: Hartlepool (UK)
- Hourly Rate/Salary: £8.20 per hour (£16,203.20 per annum
- Benefits: 25 Days + 8 Statutory Bank Holidays per annum
- Company Pension Scheme
Responsible for the diagnosis and repair of products returned by customers, internal production test fails, in-circuit test and functional test fails. Diagnose to component level, handing PTH and SMT components. Logging of diagnostic analysis into the QA database.
- Highlighting modes of failures to production areas.
- Highlighting to production and repairing faults on customer returned product.
- Diagnose and repair internally produced product to IPC610 / J-Std Standards.
- Feedback and input diagnostic information into QA database.
- Highlight potential / existing problem areas to relevant personnel.
- Troubleshoot Quality Issues with priority.
- Return product to customers upon repair highlighted accordingly.
- Suggest and implement permanent corrective actions.
- Support activities to meet company KPI’s.
- Managing and maintaining control of workflow.
- Any other reasonable duties appropriate to role as required.
- Adhere to all policy and legislative requirements in respect of Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Track record in fault finding and repair.
- Work to / understand IPC7711 Rework, Repair and Modification of Electronics Assemblies.