Division: Electronics Assembly, Hartlepool
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Location: Hartlepool, UK
Annual Salary: Up to £38,000 per annum
Managing the delivery of new products from concept (design) through to full production builds within predetermined time-scales, procedures & costs. Ensure all associated documentation, tooling and manufacturing aids are provided. Provide cradle to grave technical support to the production department in order to maximise efficiencies and quality. Have a proactive approach to Continuous Improvement.
Key aspects include (but are not limited to):
- Determination / Evaluation of customer requirements.
- Ownership and accountability for all engineering aspects of the customer set.
- Liaise with Customers both internal and external in relation to engineering topics.
- Review and develop Test procedures and documentation.
- Generation of Mechanical Designs / Drawings.
- Progressing RFQ’s.
- Engineering sample builds and associated activity.
- New Product Introduction management. Chair meeting involving all relevant stakeholders. (Purchasing, Production, Customer Service, Planning) Document and record details for future reference, auditing and improvement. Follow-up review meetings before final handover to production floor.
- Quote vs Actual review and confirmation.
- SMV review and confirmation.
- Liaise with other departments to identify, carry out root cause analysis and implement corrective actions on quality detractors.
- Leading and supporting Continuous Improvement Projects in line with Company objectives.
- Ensure all relevant documentation, systems and records are kept up to date and are audit ready.
- Generation of Production Documentation, Work Instructions, Quality care points, SOP’s.
- Work measurements & STD Time Summary generation.
- Production line layout (assist Supervisor / Manager).
- Product transfer to production. Provide on-going technical support and assistance to Production area to maximise efficiency and quality.
- Product Change Note (PCN) generation to cover future Engineering changes.
- Adhering to the Engineering Working Procedures and E, H&S legislation.
- Any other reasonable Technical duties as required.
- Educated to at least ONC / HNC level in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Proven experience in Manufacturing Engineering (or a related role such as Production or Industrial Engineering) and be able to demonstrate a track record of trouble-shooting issues within a manufacturing or production environment, and of successful continuous improvement and cost reduction projects.
- Strong communicator and can develop “presence” to win trust and confidence with the customer.
- High-energy, “get things done” person with a proven track record of successful, on-time, product delivery.
- Understanding of the requirements for manufacture of regulated products.
- Thorough understanding of a professional New Product Introduction life cycle for electronic products from concept to mass production.
- Understanding of the issues and best practices in introducing electronic product assembly into high quality volume manufacture.
- Team player, capable of interacting with, and gaining the respect of all functions in the organisation.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast moving high-pressure environment.
- Broad understanding of the business processes of a High Tech manufacturing organisation.
- A working knowledge and consideration of Regulatory and Health and Safety requirements and ensure compliance through-out.
- Ability to use MS Excel and Power Point to its full potential also, a good understanding of MS Project Plan