Job Title: Operations Manager
Division: Power division – Stontronics
Reporting to: General Manager
Direct Reports: Production Supervisor, Warehouse Supervisor and Senior Buyer
Location: Reading, UK
Annual Salary: £42K to £48K dependant on experience
Responsible for delivering an effective manufacturing/distribution service through “Best Practice” manufacturing processes and procedures. Drive and support Continuous Improvement activities to develop a World Class manufacturing and Fulfilment facility.
- Product manufactured to key business principles of On Time, On Quality, On Margin.
- Ensure manufacturing overhead levels are correct to achieve as above and are within budget.
- Review and implement operator training to ensure adequate manning levels are available to meet customer requirements.
- ‘Lead’ Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Drive KPI indicators.
- ‘Lead’ daily planning meetings.
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment. Ensuring adherence to current legislation.
- ‘Manage’ your people.
- Ensure Quality standards ate rigorously applied to all tasks completed and take an active role in identifying issues which may affect the quality of your own work or the work of others.
- Work with Import department to ensure on-time deliveries from overseas suppliers.
- Ensure bills of lading and import documentation are filed, and VAT/duty deferment limits are monitored to facilitate on time deliveries.
- Assess current practices and procedures within the purchasing department and improve/simplify where necessary.
- Review Goods In procedures to ensure the quality system is being adhered to.
- Regularly review preferred supplier listing, and approve all new suppliers and terms and conditions.
- BOM system review to ensure correct and up to date information.
- Update and Manage Minimum Stock levels.
- Adhere to all policy and legislative requirements in respect of Health & Safety and Environmental Legislation.
Strive to improve process and work practices which will improve overall quality and benefit. our service level and competitive position.
- Demonstrable experience of implementation and leadership of Continuous Improvement principles and techniques.
- Working with or supporting the implementation of IT systems which support manufacturing production (e.g. MRP).
- Has the ability to manage people (KEY).
- Comfortable communicating at all levels within the business.