Division: Electronics Assembly, Hartlepool (UK)
Reporting to: Managing Director EMCE
Direct Reports: Quality, Test & Health & Safety staff
Annual Salary: £42K to £48K per annum
Direct Reports: QEHS Officer, Senior Test & Automation Engineer, Training & Documentation Control
Officer, IQA Inspector
To monitor and control a Quality System meeting the requirements of ISO9001:2015, ISO14001 & TS16949. Formulating and continually improving processes to ensure adherence to Customer Satisfaction in all areas of Quality, Cost & Delivery. Responsibility for the management and development of Test Engineering is also a key aspect of this role. Drive delivery of accreditations in line with business requirements and timescales.
- Drive people processes to achieve Personal Goals and Objectives in line with business performance and development KPI’s.
- Maintain Key Performance indicators for waste customer returns and first time test failures within target and report at Monthly Management Meeting.
- Co-ordinate a programme of internal system audits and be responsible for external quality assessments
- Maintain statistical records to highlight non-conforming parts and processes for improvements.
- Supervise Quality staff.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the test and diagnostic functions.
- Liaise with customers on quality issues, devise and implement timely permanent corrective actions and provide CAR’s.
- Visit customers as necessary.
- Be responsible for the quality aspect of supplier development.
- Carry out and report annually on the quality system performance.
- Support manufacturing in the resolution of quality problems.
- Contribute to the LEAN manufacturing initiatives as required.
- Develop new methods for measuring, reporting and improving quality.
- Ensure effective and efficient documentation control.
- Contribute to the Continuous Improvement Activity.
- Ensure process control measures are undertaken, parameters are within required limits and recorded.
- Facilitate the preparation of Monthly Operations and Hoshin Review.
Health & Safety
Ensure that you and your staff operate within the Health & Safety at Work Act requirements and operate a safe system of work.
Strive to improve process and work practices which will improve overall quality and benefit our service level and competitive position.
– B.Eng (Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering with Management.
– HND Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
– Accredited ISO9001 Internal Quality Systems Auditor.
– Experienced in managing Health & Safety, Environmental Quality Management systems and procedures.
– Previous experience of ISO14001 systems.
– Knowledge of ISO18001.
– NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent qualification or experience.
– A proven leader with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Excellent PC Skills MS Office.
– Excellent analytical, report writing and presentation skills.
– Full clean driving licence