JOB TITLE: Senior Test & Automation Engineer
DIVISION: Electronics Assembly
REPORTING TO: Quality Manager
SALARY: £36K to £40K per annum
LOCATION: Hartlepool (UK)
Support the design, development, programming, manufacture and high level maintenance of all production test equipment. Key focus in this role will be the development of automation for both test and manual assembly processes to support the reduction of non-value add activities and ultimately progress the site towards operational excellence in both productivity and quality.
Key aspects include (but are not limited to):
- Test equipment manufacture.
- Development of fully and semi-automated processes across the site.
- Ability to analyse technical problems and complete detailed reports.
- Acceptance of test equipment input from the Design Engineering section and external customers.
- Preventative / breakdown maintenance of Production Test and maintenance of accurate calibration records.
- Training of Production personnel in the correct use of test equipment.
- Generation of necessary Test Procedures.
- Generation of necessary Test Equipment Support Documentation.
- VAVE and CIP activity designed to drive improved Quality, efficiency and cost.
- Adhering to the Engineering Working Procedures. Ensuring all work is carried out in line with Quality, Health & Safety and
- Environmental requirements.
- Diagnostic support as required.
- Any other reasonable duties.
-Proficient / experience of programming languages C/C++, Visual Basic, Python.
-Microcontroller based test routines.
-Proficient in Engineering Workbench LabVIEW.
-Degree educated in a relevant discipline.
-Trained to Green Belt in 6 Sigma.
-Kaizen or Lean Manufacturing Skills.