JOB TITLE: Trainee Production Planner Apprentice
DEPARTMENT: Planning & Customer Service
REPORTING TO: Planning & Logistics Manager
SALARY: £3.70 per hour (£7,311.20 Per Annum based on 38 hour per week contract)*
*effective 1st April 2018
To support the Production Planner in the planning and scheduling of customer orders to meet customer demand and business KPI’s. Helping to ensure the operation meets shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer order.
- Assist with the company’s Sales and Operations Planning (SOP) process.
- Liaise with Customer Service and Purchasing staff to ensure that purchases and schedules are actioned to support the company’s business KPI’s
- Involvement in daily/weekly scheduling meetings.
- Update the MRP system to reflect business changes.
- Process Scrap Notes as requested.
- Assist with schedules for the manufacturing of goods.
- Assist with identifying bottlenecks and waste streams.
- Assist with the review of sales orders and forecast demand.
- Assist with the monitoring of actual assembly times against plan.
- General administration support as required and minimal reception duties.
- Liaise with stores and purchasing staff.
- Adhere to all policy and legislative requirements in respect of Health & Safety and Environmental Legislation.
- Computer Literate, with good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Literate with good written and spoken English.
- Accurate with an attention to detail.